Primo Number One in Produce, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time experienced Transportation Manager
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, this position will be responsible the following:
- Developing creative solutions to immediate business needs
- Supervision, training and performance coaching for 30+ drivers.
- DOT and safety compliance
- Daily driver scheduling, routing and dispatching
- Must be available for phone calls during off hours and weekends
- Assisting with the scheduling and coordinating backhaul and cross dock pick-up and deliveries.
- Coordinate and manage hot shot load activities and the impacts on daily scheduling.
- Monitor load sizes for appropriate truck or trailer assignment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years- experience as a manager in the transportation field
- Complete knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- CDL license is a plus but is not required.
- Strong communication and management skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of drivers
- Ability to work well with other departments – sales, warehousing, etc.
- Must have excellent judgment and problem solving skills and the ability to act quickly.
- Ability to deal with stressful JIT dispatching situations.
- Strong attention to detail and computer skills
Primo offers comprehensive salary and a full benefit package, paid time off, life insurance, a 401(k) plan and more.
Please apply online or stop in with your resume for consideration, 9am-3pm, M-F.
2100 Hoover Ave
Allentown PA 18109