Food Safety Quality Assurance Personnel/SQF Practitioner
As an SQF certified facility Primo Number one in Produce, Allentown PA is searching for a Food Safety Quality Assurance Personnel/SQF Practitioner who will be responsible for ensuring our systems are compliant, quality is upheld and uncompromised, and we maintain SQF readiness year-round.
This position will:
- Be responsible for maintaining the Food Safety Plan (SQF) of a produce storage, distribution and processing facility
- Develop SOPs and continuously assess existing processes
- Ensure all forms and checklists are monitored, verified and filed in a timely and accurate manner and comply with our food safety plan
- Training and retraining of personnel in key areas including, but not limited to, GMPs, SSOPs, and operating procedures
- Overseeing key areas of the system: maintenance, pest control, sanitation, microbiology, supply chain, allergen management, HACCP, GMP, and internal auditing
- Maintain and comply with Food Safety certifications (SQF) and Federal and State regulatory requirements (USDA, FDA, FSMA)
- Conduct risk assessments and validation on processes and products to ensure we are mitigating risk in appropriate areas
- Conduct root cause analysis and drive preventative action and solutions to internal and external issues
- Conduct mock recalls and take part in case of recalls
- Maintain adequate supplies of food safety materials
- Work closely with departmental management to address food safety and quality assurance issues
- Verify job duties and responsibilities of the quality team are carried out accurately and in accordance with SOP through frequent visual verification and check in meetings. Paying special attention to ATP swabbing, Changeover, Metal Detection, Calibration.
- Represent the company in external interactions and handle customer inquiries and complaints regarding food safety
- Prepare a monthly report to recap all issues observed and ensure corrective actions are implemented for those issues
- Act as the designated SQF Practitioner for the facility
- Implement changes leadership would like to see with regards to Quality + FS.
Please apply today if you meet the following requirements:
- A Master’s degree in Food Science or Food Microbiology
- Third-party and regulatory audit experience
- Must be experienced as an SQF/PCQI Practitioner in a produce storage, distribution and processing facility
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated warehouse
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Must be detail oriented with good judgement and planning skills
- Computer skills including MS Windows, Excel
- Experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Primo offers a full benefit package and PTO time after 60 days and a 401 (k) plan after one year.
It is the policy of our company not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.