March 7th – March 13th, 2021
Lettuce markets are slightly up with the Yuma season winding down. Quality is good.
The Leaf markets are slightly up with the Yuma season winding down. Quality is good.
Broccoli markets are active due to the Yuma season winding down. This will continue until the field transition back to central California is complete in April. Quality is good.
Cauliflower markets are very active due to the Yuma season winding down. This will continue until the field transition back to central California is complete in April. Quality is fair to good.
Carrot markets for Cello and Loose are steady. Quality is good on recent inbounds. Snack packs have improved.
Celery market continues to be steady. Quality is good.
Strawberry markets are expected to turn around now that berries are being harvested for processing. Quality is good
Potatomarket is on the rise due to trucks being very tight. Quality is good.
Onion market is on the rise due to Trucks being very tight. Have seen some minor quality issues.
Orange market is steady. Lemon market is steady. The lime market is active, we’re seeing a fluctuation on pricing and expect it to climb and change daily. Supplies will be limited going into March until new crop starts. Overall quality is good.
Cucumber market should fall a bit due to a good volume of Honduran shipments into Florida. Quality has been good.
Green peppers market is a little stronger with good volumes. Quality has been good.
Quality and supplies of all tomato varietals are at a seasonal peak out of Mexico and Florida’s harvest is similar. The January freeze in Mexico, along with rainy conditions next week in Florida, may slow harvests and increase pricing temporarily later in the month.
Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced thin
- salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp canola or coconut oil
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup carrots, sliced diagonally
- scallions for garnish
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, water and cornstarch in a small bowl, mix together and set aside.
- Season chicken lightly with salt. Heat a large pan over high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add half of the oil, then add the chicken. Stir fry, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan; add the garlic and ginger, stir for 20 seconds. Add the sugar snap peas and carrots, stirring over medium high heat until tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the soy sauce-lime mixture, mix well and cook another 30 seconds to one minute.
- Serve immediately and top with fresh scallions.